I have recently discovered the world of "linky parties" and "link ups." So when Teaching Autism presented a "Get to know me" link up, I jumped right in. Whether you know me in person or only digitally, here are some fun facts you may not have known.
1. I recently treated myself to learning something new. Our local library put on a workshop on the art of Zentangle. It is so much fun, so easy, and so portable! I have a lot of creative energy these days and not much time to spend it. Zentangle helps me get the "crafty wiggles" out without having to take out a bunch of supplies. All you need is a pen and paper. It's a good stress relief or wind down before bed. My 6 year old daughter has also picked it up along side me which is so much fun!
2. Ironically at school I'm known for being "techy". However, when it comes to good looking pages on TpT, I'm a real novice. For example, creating this list (the picture part, not the content) took me way longer than it should have. In the end, I think I had a powerpoint, word, and JPG file all in the works, and I'm not sure it looks as good as the others.
3. I don't know why, but I really like to get people together. We've all been invited to the Jamberry, Scentsy, and Tupperware parties, but I'm always looking for something different. For example, a friend and I have recently started a tradition of getting together to make and swap freezer meals. (This has been an evening routine GAME CHANGER!) I'm also hosting our first ever department bonfire. I've even planned staff award shows to boost morale. It is rewarding to plan such events.
4. When I first discovered TpT, I thought I could really get some of my teacher friends on board to become a seller. I have been surprised to find out that it's hard to find teachers who are confident about the awesome activities they make. The irony is that, by taking the leap into being TpT seller, my sales have raised my confidence. It's so amazing to think how many classrooms have been affected by my little store.
5. I like the outdoors, but I'm NOT a gardener. I don't have the patience to plan out a garden, decide the best crop, plant, weed, prune, etc. However, this summer we expanded our garden and it has been so much fun. I'm a little overwhelmed with tomatoes right now (I probably have made at least 20 quarts of tomato sauce), but this is a fun "problem" to have. Who knows - Maybe I'll give sauce away as gifts for the holidays!
I hope you have enjoyed learning a little bit about me! Be sure to check out the linky party to learn more about some of your favorite TpT Sellers!